Year End Taxes

Year End Taxes can be a daunting task but not if you’ve hired Ting-Wimberly CPA.

With our complete bookkeeping and accounting services, filing year end taxes is a breeze!

We help with the following:

  • Individual Income Tax
  • Business Income Tax
  • IRS and State & Local tax audits representations
Here are some tax tips to help put your hard earned money back in your pocket:

Start a filing system.  

If you don’t have a filing system for your tax records, you should start one. It can be as simple as saving receipts in a shoebox, or more complex like creating folders or spreadsheets. It’s always a good idea to save tax-related receipts and records. Keeping good records now will save time and help you file a complete and accurate tax return next year.

Make Charitable Contributions.  

If you plan to give to charity, consider donating before the year ends. That way you can claim your contribution as an itemized deduction for that year. This includes donations you charge to a credit card by Dec. 31, even if you don’t pay the bill until the following year. A gift by check also counts for the current tax year as long as you mail it in December. Remember that you must give to a qualified charity to claim a tax deduction. Use the IRS Select Check tool at to see if an organization is qualified.

Make sure to save your receipts.

You must have a written record for all donations of money in order to claim a deduction. Special rules apply to several types of property, including clothing or household items, cars and boats. For more about these rules see Publication 526, Charitable Contributions.

Contribute to Retirement Accounts.  

You need to contribute to your 401(k) or similar retirement plan by Dec. 31 to count for the current tax year. On the other hand, you have until April 15 (Tax Day), to set up a new IRA or add money to an existing IRA and still have it count for the current tax year.

The Saver’s Credit, also known as the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit, helps low- and moderate-income workers in two ways. It helps people save for retirement and earn a special tax credit. Eligible workers who contribute to IRAs, 401(k)s or similar workplace retirement plans can get a tax credit on their federal tax return. The maximum credit is up to $1,000, $2,000 for married couples. Other deductions and credits may reduce or eliminate the amount you can claim.

For more information about Year End Taxes, Get in touch here.



Keeping records of the financial affairs of your business is our specialty.


Payroll record maintenance.


Keeping your business up to date with the ever changing Tax code and completing the appropriate forms at the year end for the IRS.